Thursday, August 7, 2014

Who was kind to you this week?

Kindness can be defined so many different ways & looked at from so many differing angles. Kindness could be a smile on a particularly icky day. Kindness could be hugs when you’re sad. Kindness could be a foot or backrub. Kindness could be in the form of a conversation that needed to happen. I have been showed much kindness since last I blogged.

I spoke with a new admissions advisor, Jared, at school a few days ago. He was a nice guy, seemed to be really sympathetic and understanding of everything I had been saying about the past year and some change of my life. It’s time to get school back on track and he’s going to help me do that.

A couple friends had my mom & I over for dinner and a bonfire on Friday. It was nice to be able to get away from everything for a bit and just be. It’s been a bit since I’ve been able to do that. Plus it was great to see my mom smiling, laughing, and having fun.

My awesome boyfriend (seems like such a crazy title at my age, right? Oh well.) gave me a backrub after a long day with two of my Goddaughters and a grueling team practice. He gave me a backrub even though he had played Ultimate all night as well. It was such a sweet thing to do, I thought. Then he cuddled with me until I fell asleep. Yeah, I know, I’m mushy when it comes to him. He just seems to bring that out in me.

Had a great dinner with my biological father, Doug, Connie, Jen, Kayla, Josh, Brittney, Melanie, Makenzie, Daniel, Tad, Ethan & Hailey...oh and Hannah-bean and Jace (aka baby cuteness). It was a bit chaotic but went really well, I think. It was Ethan & Hailey’s first exposure to my extended family. Oh, they’ve met my mom, but meeting my brothers, their wives, my nieces, and nephews well it can be a lil overwhelming to say the least. They were a lil shy at first but my girls really took to them nicely and were great with them to help make them feel comfortable. It was really great to see.

I’ve also been talking to an old friend. Someone who is very dear to my heart. Or has been in the past anyways. We’ve had some nice talks lately. I’m uncertain what will come of it but I’m hopeful. In any case I find that just being able to have friendly exchanges with her is a kind of gift to me…a kindness of both of our parts, I think.


I’ve also had a few nice conversations with my mom this week. Conversations that I feel we’ve needed to have for awhile. I still think she needs to talk to someone that isn’t me about all the emotional stuff that she’s feeling about losing dad but that’s a story for another blog post altogether. 

No comments:

Post a Comment