Thursday, July 10, 2014

What Gives Me Peace When Sad or Mad?

It was my turn to pick our prompt this week. It was harder to come up with than I thought it would be. I hope my friends find it as thought provoking and interesting as I hoped it would be.

Peace can be achieved in many ways.

If avoidance is what I'm looking for a movie or a book will do. Sometimes that's how peace comes, by not thinking of the thing that I'm sad or mad about. Very seldom to I do this, though, as I don't think that it's real peace.

Conversations with close friends...whether at a home, coffee shop or park...are usually a source of peace. Or definitely a means to achieving peace. Those talks help me to see things from other perspectives, which can be very helpful from time to time. Sometimes new perspectives are just what are needed to see the overall picture in a clearer light.

Another means of achieving peace when I'm sad or mad is to clear my thoughts, organize them if you will. I often do this when I'm swimming, relaxing by the pool, weeding the rose garden, or doing anything outdoors, communing with nature. Creating mosaics, making something beautiful and useful out of something that was once broken and thought to be useless by some. Baking or cooking also help me to clear my mind.

Music. Jammin' to music, dancing with music, singing along with my favorite songs. Music can be very soothing or healing. Music can be anything that you want it to be. Music can invoke any emotion that you want it to.

Karate. Cuddling with my kitty. Laughing and playing with my nieces, nephews or friends. Reminding myself of the things that I'm grateful to have very much leads me to a more peaceful state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment